Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New in wave game. Check in here first!

Click here and you will know everything you will ever need to know about waves in the stickies, and if you dont find something, then ask a question in the Noob Lounge and we will be quick with answers
    Dizzy Spinnaz
    bank
    yaboimixed
    lonzo
    illin
    terry
    shadow
    itsdatboi

My Battles

May-06-2009 http://www.wavebuilder.com/training/...ine=1191385171 Terry901

April-05-2009http://www.wavebuilder.com/training/...ine=1213937771ILLiNOuT
    June-01-2009 omm
    June-25-2009 http://www.wavebuilder.com/training/...ine=1227157465Jah--Rastafari
    im down 2 battle

sigpic

Help and sorry this is a little bit long

Okay, i've been tryna get waves for a really long time. I've read most of the official thread, but w/ my schedule i can't follow someone of them. Before i started going into the training forum i used the wavebuilder's guide so that means i only used the brush n waves. I used the brush n waves from may to July while wolfing for about 12 weeks. I didn't brush the whole 12 weeks though cos i got an infection on my forehead from the barber so i had to stop wearing wave caps/ durags cos i didn't really know where the infection came from. Basically, i stopped brushing for almost a month after starting at January(this was when i first started wolfing,using brush n waves and got the infection). I got my haircut in January and started brushing, but after reading the threads here i realized i wasn't brushing that much. Anyway, enough with the stories i know ppl got lifes and don't have all day to read all this. I've tried a lot of products i've tried OC,CC, coconut oil and right now i'm using Motions hair lotions that softens and detangles hair. I want to know if i'm doing anything right here by picking that product. I know all about everyone's hair is different and that's what makes every1 like diff products. OC, motions and Brush n waves make my hair soft so i'm guessing those are good products right? This is what i do. I try to brush my hair for an 1hr or 2hr a day while brushing trying to brush at least a 100 front center, side left and right and back. I shampoo twice a day, i wear a durag all day in school and brush when i get home, wear about 3 wavecaps at home and that's about it. Am doing this right? Should i brush more? What is the average time that most ppl wait b4 seeing waves on their hair? How long do a try a product b4 getting rid of it? These are the kind of questions i need help with.
    Any type of help will be appreciated

Comment

First off Welcome to WB now stop washin yo hair 2 times a day because your not giving ur body enough time to make the natural oils you lose when you wash ur hair. 2 Drop the brush in waves that shit is straight industrial I recommend that u do not fuck wit any fo wavebuilders products . Lastly Dont count how many times you brush my nigga try to get like few good brushing sessions of 20-45 min and brush any chance you get. It doesnt take products to get waves they just make yo waves look better so try to start brushing and you'll see results very soon.

Hope this answers yo questions
      Last edited by WaveMaster21; 07-19-2008, 09:57 PM.
      Just Do it.... Brush!

WaveMaster21, Wave. D

Comment

Thanks for the tips, appreciate it. Yea i know about hair making natural oils. I actually mearnt i wash it twice a week usually on thur and sun but i try twice a week cos that's what i heard i'm suppose to do( sorry i wasn't clear about that). I got it from one of the threads over here. As for the brush n waves i've tossed it away like you said. Most times i can brush up to an hour. I brush for like 5mins b4 class and when i get home i'm able to brush for 40 mins and more and i use a hard brush right now cos it's almost been 4 wks since my haircut. When you say good brushing sessions what do you mean cos maybe i'm not brushing my hair well even when i brush for an hour. Should i use a pomade? some threads recommend pomades and some don't. I don't know if that has to do with hair texture

Once again, thanks for your time man,lol.

Ps: Any other good moisturizers you can recommend apart from PL,OC and CC and Motions. OC and Motions make my hair soft but i'm currently on Motions right now.

Comment

You pretty much named all of the moisturizers that most of the wavers use on the site and Im just saying when you brushing try not to count the strokes instead brush for a good 20-40 mins or whenever you got time

Pomades

S-Curl 360 Style(360) - tied for my favorite pomade, goes on like butter, nice but not overpowering wet shine, a little bit goes a long way, smells good, keeps hair soft all day, good hold

Murray's Nu Nile Hair Slick(Nu Nile) - tied for my favorite pomade, no other pomade does a better job for shine or softening hair and girls will touch your hair and

This is from Bankboi product guide
          Last edited by WaveMaster21; 07-19-2008, 11:10 PM.
          Just Do it.... Brush!

WaveMaster21, Wave. D

Comment

gud shit wavemaster
            wavenigga3 supports tha movement.............wat about you?

s.b. waves.com

Comment

Alright, i hear you. Imma start brushing with the hard brush tomorrow and i dont have the Murray's Nu Nile Hair Slick i'll look for it, but imma use Sportin Waves Black Can is that a good pomade? Did you use pomades after you got waves or when you were trying to get waves?
              I'll post a pic when i fix my camera and keep you posted on the progress

Comment

I use Murray's Nu Nile when I'm wolfin but yeah Sportin Waves Black is a very good thick pomade and it has great hold
                Just Do it.... Brush!

WaveMaster21, Wave. D

Comment

ay wm i added to ya rep homeboy

s.b. waves.com

Comment

Originally posted by wavenigga3 View Post
                    gud shit wavemaster
                    wavemaster, once again u gettin props for copy/pastin shit that i said and not givin credit where its due, smh lol
                    Dizzy Spinnaz
                    bank
                    yaboimixed
                    lonzo
                    illin
                    terry
                    shadow
                    itsdatboi

My Battles

May-06-2009 http://www.wavebuilder.com/training/...ine=1191385171 Terry901

April-05-2009http://www.wavebuilder.com/training/...ine=1213937771ILLiNOuT
                    June-01-2009 omm
                    June-25-2009 http://www.wavebuilder.com/training/...ine=1227157465Jah--Rastafari
                    im down 2 battle

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bankboi09 View Post
                      wavemaster, once again u gettin props for copy/pastin shit that i said and not givin credit where its due, smh lol
                      * wavenigga stares at wavemaster with a betrayed expression*

s.b. waves.com

Comment

Originally posted by bankboi09 View Post
                        My bad Bankboi man I'm goin stop doin that shit but I was doin just to explain the product cause yo shit gave the pros and cons
                        Just Do it.... Brush!

WaveMaster21, Wave. D

Comment

Originally posted by wavenigga3 View Post
                          * wavenigga stares at wavemaster with a betrayed expression*
                          The post u added to my rep I made that one just not the pomade one cause the explanations is Bankboi's
                          Just Do it.... Brush!

WaveMaster21, Wave. D

Comment

Originally posted by WaveMaster21 View Post
                            The post u added to my rep I made that one just not the pomade one cause the explanations is Bankboi's
                            *wavenigga looks away with a confused expression*

s.b. waves.com

Comment

Originally posted by WaveMaster21 View Post
                              anytime u copy and pase banboi shit jus type from bankboi in bold
                              http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/p...g_of_ghana.gif
                              GhAnA pRiDe mY nIgGaS

Comment

Working...
                              X