No announcement yet.

What kind of products for coarse hair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of products for coarse hair?

I have been trying to wave for over about 6 months, and I see progress when I cut my hair but as my coarse hair grows more, it becomes all peasy and doesn't look right anymore. I just need a type of cheap brush I can buy and what products should I use? I see wavers with like 10 products just to use on their hair but I don't know what product to use, when to use it, and sometimes even how to use it. Please help and give me advice on what I can do about me trying to wolf as well and when many weeks I should wait. thanks
    Last edited by UnculturedPoptart; 05-24-2019, 02:34 PM.

After reading you post I thought I'd share a few things that I have come to learn. As far as products go I personally think it's a personal preference on what type of products you want to use I myself have a bag full of brushes and products from all natural curl creams and moisturizers to the good ol' Murray's pomade and Beeswax. Different products work better at different stages but it's up to you to determine what you like and what works best for your hair type. As far as brushes go I have used cheap brush as well as "higher quality" brushes and in all honesty it doesn't really matter what type of brush you use just as long as you are brushing your hair in the same consistent pattern you will be ok. I recommend brushing in the shower while the water flows through your hair especially when you are wolfing and always brush when you shampoo your hair. I also recommend putting on a wave cap or du rag while in the shower with the water still running over your hair, wait until it dries and then put what product you are going to use in and brush. After that wet the wave cap or du rag again with hot water and put it on until it dries. As far as losing progress as your hair grows that's pretty common but just keep brushing and visualize where you want the waves and stay consistent as well as comb and it will all start to come together if you follow these step I guarantee you will see noticable progress oh and make sure to comb your hair when you wolf and use a pomade in that stage to keep your hair laid down. Murray's, Marcel wax, and Beeswax all hold really well but you just gotta put in more work when washing it out. And last but not least keep a du rag or wave cap on as much as possible luckily I can wear hats at work so that's how I get around having it on all day. I'm a Medium hair waver and I get a 2 cut and usually wolf about 4-6 weeks use to get a 1.5 but at 2 my connections are way better. Check me out on sdfwavebuzz on IG to get a visual or if you have any more questions. Stay Wavy!

Comment

Waving is simple, I have coarse hair as well.. All you need is a good moisturizer (i use Carrot Oil Hair Moisturizer), a few solid brushes, a wave cap, and durag. You should be constantly brushing your hair and keeping it moisturized. When your not brushing you should have it ragged up to train your hair.. Also wash your hair at least once a week.

Originally posted by UnculturedPoptart View Post
      I have been trying to wave for over about 6 months, and I see progress when I cut my hair but as my coarse hair grows more, it becomes all peasy and doesn't look right anymore. I just need a type of cheap brush I can buy and what products should I use? I see wavers with like 10 products just to use on their hair but I don't know what product to use, when to use it, and sometimes even how to use it. Please help and give me advice on what I can do about me trying to wolf as well and when many weeks I should wait. thanks
      Week 1.....July 13, 2014 (Complete)
      Week 2.....July 20, 2014 (In Progress)
      Week 3.....Pending
      Week 4.....Pending
      Week 5.....Pending
      Week 6.....Pending
      Week 7.....Pending
      Week 8.....Pending

I went from nap to waves to no waves now Im ready to go back!

Comment

Working...
      X